Planning an Effective Email Marketing Campaign
You’ve signed up for MailChimp and put an opt-in form on your website. Now what? While you could start blasting your list with ads, effective marketing campaigns almost always start with a plan. Use the tips below to plan a more effective email marketing campaign.
- Identify your target. It’s impossible to get a bullseye if you don’t know where to aim. Will your email go out to new moms, busy trial lawyers, adult athletes, dog lovers, or senior citizens? Know who you’re communicating with helps ensure the right tone, solution, and call to action.
- Identify the campaign’s purpose. Why are you sending this message? To inform and educate? To get more click-thrus to your website? Gather information? Sell a product? Schedule a consultation? Increase referrals? By identifying the campaign’s purpose early, you can craft your message to support it.
- Write your call to action. Before writing the actual email and subject line, write your call to action. You’ve already identified the persona and purpose, so let those guide you as you write out the last line of your email. For example, if your campaign is targeted to young adult females with a goal of getting more referrals, your call to action might be, “Refer your BFF and get 50 percent off your next purchase.”
- Compose your email message. Once you know your audience and call to action, the ideas should start flowing. For instance, the call to action above lends itself to a “better with friends” theme so you might craft your message around that concept.
- Write a catchy subject line. The subject line is often the determining factor as to whether or not an email gets read or sent to the trash.
- Test for deliverability. Make sure your email campaign passes all of your email marketing software’s anti-spam tests. Refine as needed. This step is essential in ensuring that your subscribers actually receive your messages.
Finally, send yourself a copy before you send it to your subscribers. Did your images come through? Is everything spelled properly? Is it formatted nicely? Do your links work?
And last, but not least, remember you don’t have to do this on your own. A2Z Technology Solutions offers expert email marketing services.